In this step-by-step tutorial, we’re going to configure Wako with Helios, an addon that searches for video sources on several popular streaming websites. To use Wako with Helios you’ll need a Trakt.tv account and, for better results, a Real Debrid account.
Table of contents
Enable remote control on Kodi
Kodi has an integrated server that allows it to receive commands from other devices on your local network. Lets enable it.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select Services.
3. Select the Control tab, enable Allow remote control via HTTP and Allow remote control from applications on other systems.
You can now go back to the Home Screen, but do not close Kodi.
Connect Wako to Kodi
Open Wako on your smartphone.
4. Press the cog icon on the bottom right corner and select Configure Hosts.
5. Tap the ADD button.
6. Wako will try to automatically detect your Kodi device. If you see your device listed press on it to select it and continue with to the next section.
If your device is not detected press the Skip button on the top right corner and follow the step below.
6a. Enter a Name for your Kodi device and the IP address, the Connection status should now display a green OK. Press Save Host to continue.
To check the IP address of you Kodi device go to the Home Screen on Kodi, press the cog icon near the top left corner to open the Settings menu and select System Information.
Using Trakt with Wako
Trakt.tv is a service to keep track of what you’re watching and lets you discover new shows and movies based on your profile. You must enable Trakt if you want to be able to install 3rd party Wako add-ons like Helios.
1. Press the cog icon on the bottom right corner to open the Settings, scroll down and select Sign in or Sign Up with Trakt.
2. Enter your Trakt.tv username and password.
3. The Home button on the bottom bar will now act as a bookmark for all your episodes.
Now that Trakt is enabled you’ll be able to install third-party add-on on Wako.
Installing Helios add-on on Wako
Helios is a 3rd party add-on for Wako, it finds sources on file hosting websites (providers) and it lets you play them on Kodi.
1. Press Configure / Install Add-ons.
2. Enable Unknown Sources and press Add a third-party add-on.
3. Let’s download Helios. Type https://raw.githubusercontent.com/wako-unofficial-addons/helios/master/dist/manifest.json and press OK.
You’ll see a message before installing the add-on. Press OK to confirm that you want to install Helios on Wako. Now the add-on’s setup wizard will open.
4. Press on I have read and agree with this.
5. We need to add some providers. Tap on Add Providers and enter https://pastebin.com/raw/dwiUBFxe in the URL field. Press OK to continue.
6. Choose your preferred video quality.
Helios works better with a Debrid account from Real Debrid, Pemiumize, or All Debrid. In this guide we’ll use Real Rebrid, a popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
7. Press Login under Real Debrid.
8. Copy the authorization code and press Open the link.
9. Enter the authorization code press Continue. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
10. Set a name for the connection, we’ll call it Wako, then press the Set that name button.
11. Now select a default player for Wako.
12. You can visit the official support forums on Reddit or Discord. Press Skip to continue.
13. We are ready to use Wako with Helios. Press Close.
Playing content on Kodi with Wako
We’re now ready to use Wako, use the bottom bar to select movies or TV shows and pick some content.
7. Once you’ve found something to watch press the Play button. Helios will search for sources and play them on Kodi.