Exodus Redux can use Trakt.tv to keep all your favorite TV shows and movies organized on the cloud, this is specially useful if you want to keep your playlists, markers and favorites synchronized across different devices running Kodi.
In this tutorial, we will take a look at Trakt.tv and how to use it with Exodus Redux. If you need help installing Exodus Redux please read How to install Exodus V8 and Exodus Redux on Kodi.
Quick Intro to Trakt
Trakt.tv is a free service that lets you organize your favorite TV shows and movies, it helps you keeping track of what you’re watching on Kodi. Trakt integrates with a lot of popular media centers and you can also use it from a browser or smart phone app. We are going to focus on two specific Trakt features: Collection and Lists.
The Collection: it’s similar to the library on Kodi, here you’ll add your favorite shows and movies.
1. To view your collection select Collection from the Profile Menu on the top-right corner.
2. Use the Filter to select Shows or Movies.
3. You can Sort the results by Title or Date.
Lists: You can create your own custom lists here, Trakt comes with a default Watchlist you can use to add all the shows and movies you’d like to check out.
1. To view your lists select Lists from the Profile Menu on the top-right corner.
2. Add new lists using the Add Lists button.
To add a show to your collection using Trakt.tv select “TV” from the Top Menu and click on the green book button located under the image of your preferred show.
1. Use the buttons under each Show to Mark as watched, Add to Collection or Add to a List.
2. You can search for specific shows or movies using the Search Box on the top-left corner.
3. Click on Trending or Popular to explore new shows.
Be aware that the Watchlist is a temporary list, this means that the movies and shows on this list will be automatically removed once they are marked as watched. On the other hand, the Collection and custom lists are persistent.
Try adding a couple of shows to your collection and check out the other features to familiarize yourself with Trakt, once you are ready let’s switch to Kodi.
Set up Trakt on Exodus Redux
You can use Exodus Redux to get access to your Trakt Collection, Watchlist and custom lists within Kodi. Let’s configure Exodus Redux to use your Trakt account. Launch Kodi and open Exodus Redux.
1. Select Tools on Exodus Redux’s main menu.
2. Scroll down and press Trakt: Authorize.
3. Copy the authorization code generated by Exodus Redux.
4. Use your browser to visit https://trakt.tv/activate/, enter the authorization code and press Continue. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
5. Press Yes to allow Exodus Redux to use your Trakt account.
6. Back in Kodi, you’ll see the General tab of Exodus Redux settings. Set My Lists to Enabled and Press OK to continue.
Enabling My Lists will make the My Movies and My TV Shows sections visible on Exodus Redux’s main menu.
How to access Trakt with Exodus Redux
Exodus Redux lets you access your Trakt Collection, Watchlist and custom lists within Kodi.
7. Go back to Exodus Redux’s main menu and select My TV Shows or My Movies.
8. Your Trakt Collection and lists are here. Progress acts as a bookmark for your shows and Episodes will show the newest episodes for each show on your collection and lists.
How to add items to Trakt using Exodus Redux
You can manage items on your Trakt Collections, Watchlist and custom lists on Exodus Redux using the Trakt Manager context menu.
9. Highlight a TV Show or Movie, open the Context Menu and select Trakt Manager. (Use the C key, right-click, long-press or the menu key on the remote to open the Context Menu)
10. Add or remove items from your Collection and lists using Trakt Manager.
Authorize your Trakt account on all your devices with Kodi and Exodus Redux to keep them synchronized. Exodus Redux will take care of automatically marking your episodes/movies as watched on Trakt.