Some popular video addons for Kodi already have automatic subtitles capabilities and that’s great, but some times you need more control over your subtitle selection process to get the right subtitles for your video. In this guide we are going to enable subtitles on Kodi 17 with Estuary skin using a couple of subtitles addons so you can watch all your TV shows and movies with subtitles in any language.
Enable automatic subtitles
If you use subtitles often you’ll find that clicking on Subtitles > Download every time you start a video gets old very fast. Lets solve that by installing the Autosubs service.
When choosing a subtitles file keep in mind the video quality and try to match it with the subtitle file name, this way you’ll have better chances of getting the right subtitles for your video.
How to install the official OpenSubtitles addon
OpenSubtitles.org has launched its official addon for Kodi called OpenSubtitles by OpenSubtitles. This new addon doesn’t requires authentication and it gives you access to an extensive collection of subtitles in several languages.
- Download the addon from its GitHub page or using this link, remember the location of the downloaded file.
- Go to Add-ons > Add-on Browser (the box icon on the top-left corner) > Install from zip file.
- Locate the downloaded file and click on it to install.
Don’t forget to remove the old OpenSubtitles addon if you have it installed on your box.
You can stream Movies and TV shows on Kodi using 3rd party addons, check our tutorials on some of the most popular Kodi addons for streaming:
- How to install Exodus on Kodi 17 Krypton with Estuary Skin.
- How to install SALTS (Stream All The Sources) on Kodi 17 with Estuary Skin.
- How to install Specto on Kodi 17 with Estuary Skin.
- How to install Quasar on Kodi 17 with Estuary Skin.