Yoda is an addon for Kodi based on Exodus/Covenant. Just like its predecessor, Yoda gets its sources from several file hosting sites. It can synchronize with your Trakt account and can also be integrated with the library. Yoda supports premium accounts like Real Debrid, Premiumize and more.
In this tutorial we are going to install Yoda on Kodi 18.1 Leia using its official source, the Supremacy repository. Let’s begin.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party addons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons, you must configure Kodi to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons.
1. Open the System menu by pressing the cog icon on the top left corner of the Home Screen.
2. Select System settings.
3. Select the Add-ons tab and enable Show notifications and Unknown sources.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow installation of 3rd party addons that are not available in the official Kodi repository, we also recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding Supremacy source to Kodi
We’ll add a link to Supremacy source so we can download the repo using Kodi.
4. Go back to the System menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add Source.
6. Enter http://supremacy.org.uk/zip/repo/ on the top box and supremacy on the bottom one. Press OK to continue.
Installing Supremacy Repository
The repository is responsible for installing Yoda and updating it when new versions are available.
7. Go back to the System menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Press Install from zip file.
9. Select supremacy.
10. Click the file repository.supremacy-x.x.zip to download and install the repo. Wait a couple of seconds until you see the addon installed notification.
Installing Yoda Addon on Kodi
We’ve added the source and installed the repository, now it’s time to install Yoda.
11. Select Install from repository.
12. Click on supremacy to open the repository.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Click on Yoda.
15. Press the Install button to download and install the addon and its dependencies. Wait until the process is finished.
16. You’ll see a list of of dependencies for Yoda. Press OK to contine.
17. Now that Yoda is installed go back to the Home Screen, highlight the Add-ons tab and click on Yoda to open the addon.
18. Use the menu to stream movies and TV shows using Yoda and Kodi.
You can use your Trakt.tv account to get access to your collection and lists, Yoda can also integrate with the library, download files and subtitles. Use the Tools option on the Main Menu to check the addon’s settings.
If you need help using custom subtitle providers with Yoda please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
[Optional] Using Real Debrid with Yoda Kodi Addon
File hosters often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users, using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several hosters and can greatly improve the speed, quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example we’ll use Real Debrid, a popular service to get access to various file hosters for a very low price.
I. Select Tools on Yoda’s main menu.
II. Scroll down and press on URL Resolver Settings.
III. Press the Universal Resolver tab, scroll down to the Real Debrid section and change the Priority to 90. Press OK to save the priority.
IV. Re-open the ResolveURL configuration dialog, select the Universal Resolver tab again, scroll down to the Real Debrid section and this time click on (Re)Authorize My Account.
V. Copy the authorization code.
VI. Using your browser go to https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your real debrid account.)
Now that you authorized Real Debrid, Yoda, Exodus Redux and other addons using the Resolve URL dependency will get access to premium sources.