WonderfulSubs is an add-on for Kodi that lets you watch subbed and dubbed anime. In this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots, we’re going to install WonderfulSubs in Kodi. The WonderfulSubs add-on has neatly organized menus and it supports watchlists from websites like Anilist, Kitsu, and Wonderfulsubs so you can keep track of all your anime episodes.
Table of contents
Adding a link to WonderfulSubs source
Let’s add a link to WonderfulSub’s source on Kodi, this will allow us to download the repository zip file.
1. Press the cog icon on the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the System menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add source.
4. Enter https://beta.wonderfulsubs.com/kodi/ on the top box and DxCx repo on the bottom one. Press OK to continue.
Installing DxCx repository
The repository is responsible of downloading and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to download the repo.
5. Go back to the System menu and select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of add-ons from unknown sources, you’ll see a notification, press the Settings button and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications. Press the back button when you’re done.
7. Now select DxCx repo.
8. Click on repo.plugin.video.9anime-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Install WonderfulSubs add-on
Now we’re going to use the repository to install the WonderfulSubs add-on.
9. Select Install from repository.
10. Click on DxCx Kodi Repository.
11. Press on Video add-ons.
12. Select WonderfulSubs: Anime Subs & Dubs.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies that’ll be installed with the add-on, press OK and wait a couple of seconds for the installation process to be finished.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you’ll find a shortcut to WonderfulSubs on the Add-ons tab. Press on it to open the add-on.
16. Use the menu to find and watch anime.
You can use your Anilist, Kitsu, MyAnimeList or WonderfulSubs account to keep track of all your favorite anime episodes, go to the main menu on WonderfulSubs, select Settings > Watchlist tab and log in with your account.