Venom Kodi add-on allows you to stream movies and TV shows. In this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots, we’re going to install Venom on Kodi from its original source. This add-on has many features like Trakt.tv support, library integration, support for premium accounts like Real Debrid, and more.
Important: Free sources support has been removed in Venom 4.2.2 and higher. From now on you’ll need a Debrid account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid to use Venom.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party add-ons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Skip to the next section if you already enabled unknown sources.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Make sure the Add-ons tab is selected and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding Venom source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official source on 123venom’s Github page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file.
4. Select File Manager on the Settings menu.
5. Press Add source.
6. Write https://123venom.github.io/ on the top box and venom on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Venom repository
The repository is responsible for installing and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to download the repository.
7. Go back to the System menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Click on Install from zip file.
9. Now select venom.
10. Click on repository.venom-x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Venom add-on
Now we’ll use the repository to install Venom add-on and its dependencies on Kodi.
11. Select Install from repository.
12. Click on Venom Repo.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Now select Venom.
15. Press the Install button.
16. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed along with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait until the process is finished.
If the Youtube set-up wizard comes up just press No to continue.
17. Go back to the Home Screen, you’ll see a shortcut to Venom on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
Venom is now installed on Kodi but you still need to authorize your Debrid account for it to find sources and stream content.
Authorizing Real Debrid with Venom
Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached-torrents. It greatly improves the speed, quantity, and quality of available sources.
In this tutorial we’ll use Real Debrid, a popular service to get access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
18. Go to Venom’s main menu and select Tools.
19. Select My Accounts Settings.
20. Select the Debrid Accounts tab and click on Authorize under Real-Debrid.
21. Copy the authorization code.
22. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
23. Set a name for this connection, we’ll write Venom. Press Set that name to continue.
24. Go back to Kodi. You should now see your user name on the Real Debrid section. Press OK to continue.
All done! Now you’re ready to stream content on Kodi with Venom. Use Venom’s main menu to search form movies or TV shows.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect to the p2p network directly, instead, Real Debrid will fetch the files on their servers and it’ll let you get them as a normal download.
If you want to use subtitles with Venom please read How to enable automatic subtitles on Kodi.
Venom Kodi add-on FAQ
Yes. Venom has dropped support for free sources since the September 2020 update.
No. When using a Debrid account your traffic is already encrypted using HTTPS.
First, make sure your Debrid account is authorized and it hasn’t expired. Then, try clearing Venom’s cache. Follow these steps:
1. Select Tools on Venom’s main menu.
2. Select Cache Options.
3. Press Clear all caches.
4. Confirm by pressing Yes.
5. Restart Kodi.
Yes. Cached torrents files are downloaded by your Debrid service provider using their servers. These files are then stored on their servers so you can access them as a normal download using HTTPS which is an encrypted protocol. Since you’re using the Debrid’s server as a proxy, your IP address is not exposed to the P2P network.