Venom is an add-on for Kodi which allows us to watch movies and TV shows from several websites. In this step-by-step tutorial with screenshots, we’re going to install Venom on Kodi using its original source. Based on Exodus, Venom has many features like library integration, Trakt.tv support, premium accounts and more.
Adding Venom source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official source on 123venom’s Github page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file.
1. Press the cog icon on the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the System menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add source.
4. Write https://123venom.github.io/ on the top box and venom on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Venom repo
The repository is responsible for installing and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to download the repository.
5. Go back to the System menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you’ll see an unknown sources disabled notification, press the Settings button and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications.
7. Now select venom.
8. Click on repository.venom-x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Venom add-on
Let’s use the repository to install the add-on.
9. Select Install from repository.
10. Click on Venom Repo.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Now select Venom.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed along with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait until the process is finished.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you’ll see a shortcut to Venom on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
16. All done! Use the menu to watch movies and TV shows.
Once you installed Venom you should take a look at the various settings on Tools. You can enable your Trakt account to access your collection and lists, set up your premium accounts and more.
Venom features automatic subtitles but if you need more control over the subtitle selection process please read How to enable automatic subtitles on Kodi.