Venom is a popular Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using premium sources. This addon has many features like Trakt.tv support, library integration, Youtube section, Debrid cloud manager, and more.
You’ll need a premium account from Real Debrid, All Debrid, or Premiumize for Venom to work properly. This add-on uses FenomScrapers, an external scraper package also used by other add-ons like Fen.
Venom addon has been updated and is fully compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia.
In this guide, we’re going to install and setup Venom on Kodi. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
Adding Venom source to Kodi
Let’s begin by adding a link to the official source on 123venom’s Github page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add source.
4. Write https://123venom.github.io/ on the top box and venom on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Venom repository
The repository is responsible for installing and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to download Venom repo.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Now select venom.
8. Click on repository.venom-x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Venom add-on
Now we’ll use the repository to download and install Venom addon with all its dependencies.
9. Select Install from repository.
10. Click on Venom Repo.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Now select Venom.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed along with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait until the process is finished.
If the Youtube set-up wizard comes up just press No to continue.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you’ll see a shortcut to Venom on the Add-ons tab.
We have installed Venom on Kodi, but we still need to authorize a Debrid account so that the add-on can find sources and stream content.
Authorizing Real Debrid with Venom
Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached-torrents. It greatly improves the speed, quantity, and quality of available sources.
In this tutorial we’ll use Real Debrid, a popular service to get access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
16. Select My Accounts.
17. Select the Debrid Accounts tab and click on Authorize under Real-Debrid.
18. Copy the authorization code.
19. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
20. Set a name for this connection, we’ll write Venom. Press Set that name to continue.
21. Go back to Kodi. You should now see your user name in the Real Debrid section. Press OK to continue.
All done! Now you’re ready to stream content on Kodi with Venom. Use Venom’s main menu to search for movies or TV shows.
If Venom doesn’t return any results after authorizing Real Debrid, try enabling premium scrapers on FenomScrapers. Open FenomScrapers Module > Select Premium Hosters > Press Enable all Hoster Providers and Press OK.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect to the p2p network directly, instead, Real Debrid will fetch the files on their servers and it’ll let you get them as a normal download.
If you want to use subtitles with Venom please read How to enable automatic subtitles on Kodi.
Venom Kodi addon features
- Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia Compatible
- Premium sources with Real Debrid, All Debrid and Premiumize
- Trakt Integration
- Library integration
- Youtube section
- Debrid cloud manager
- Context menu with useful features
- Main Menu structure
- Discover Movies
- Discover TV Shows
- My Movies
- My TV Shows
- Youtube Videos
- Premium Services
- News and Info
- Change Log
Venom Kodi add-on FAQ
Yes. Venom has dropped support for free sources since the September 2020 update.
No. When using a Debrid account your traffic is already encrypted using HTTPS.
First, make sure your Debrid account is authorized and it hasn’t expired. Then, try clearing Venom’s cache. Follow these steps:
1. Select Tools on Venom’s main menu.
2. Select Cache Options.
3. Press Clear all caches.
4. Confirm by pressing Yes.
5. Restart Kodi.
Yes. Cached torrents files are downloaded by your Debrid service provider using their servers. These files are then stored on their servers so you can access them as a normal download using HTTPS which is an encrypted protocol. Since you’re using the Debrid’s server as a proxy, your IP address is not exposed to the P2P network.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for June 2021.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Very popular add-on with many extra features like live sports and more. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Venom: Premium sources. Popular add-on with great features. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|