The Oath is an add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using free and premium sources. The Oath is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and 18 Leia.
This add-on has many features including Trakt support, multiple scrapper packages, library integration, Orion indexer, and support for premium accounts from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and others.
Based on Exodus, The Oath offers a familiar interface with all the functions from its predecessor. With updated code ready for the upcoming version of Kodi, it also features its own scrapers package called OathScrapers and support for OpenScrapers.
In this guide, we are going to install The Oath on Kodi. Let’s begin!
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd Party add-ons
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Skip to the next section if you already did this.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Select the Add-ons tab, enable Unknown sources and Show notifications. Press Yes when you see the warning message.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding The Oath source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the Oath’s official source on Host505’s Github page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
4. Go back to the Setting Menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add Source.
6. Enter https://host505.github.io/ on the top box and the-oath on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing host505 repository
Host505 is the official repository for The Oath add-on. The repository is responsible for installing The Oath and updating it when a new version is available. We’ll use the newly added source to download and install the repository.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
9. Select the-oath.
10. Click on repository.host505-x.x.zip to install the repository.
Install The Oath add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
11. Now Press Install from repository.
12. Select host505 repo.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Select The Oath.
15. Press the Install button.
16. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to be finished.
17. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to The Oath on the Add-ons tab. Press it to open the add-on.
18. All done! Use the menu to browse movies and TV shows.
You can now stream movies and tv shows using The Oath and Kodi. If you want to use subtitles with The Oath please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
[Optional] Using Real Debrid with The Oath
File hosters often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
Before we begin we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
I. Select Tools from The Oath main menu.
II. Press ResolveURL: Settings.
III. Select the Universal Resolver tab. Scroll down to the Real Debrid section and press (Re)Authorize My Account.
IV. Copy the authorization code.
V. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
VI. Set the name for the connection, write the-oath and press Set that name.
You can see all your connected devices on the Real Debrid website under My Devices.
Once ResolveURL is authorized with Real Debrid you can go back to Kodi and start using The Oath. Other installed add-ons using the ResolveURL dependency will too have access to premium sources.
VII. Choose a show or movies, free links sources be displayed in white and premium sources in orange.
You’ll see 3 types of premium links:
- Cached Torrent: The file is already on the Real Debrid cloud and ready to be downloaded.
- File Locker Site: The file will be downloaded directly from the specified File Hosting website.
- Uncached Torrent: The magnet link or torrent file will be transferred to the Real Debrid cloud, where it will be downloaded and made available to you as soon as possible. Waiting time depends on the number of seeds/peers available. You can see the download progress on the Real Debrid website under My Torrents.
When using a Debrid service, your device won’t connect directly to the P2P network. Every download is encrypted by HTTPS protocol.
The Oath Kodi add-on features
- Kodi 19 Matrix support
- Free sources
- Premium sources with Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize, and others
- Trakt integration
- Orion indexer support
- Library integration
- Support for multiple provider packages (OathScrapers and OpenScrapers)
- Main Menu structure
- TV Shows
- My Movies (requires Trakt or IMDB account)
- My TV Shows (requires Trakt or IMDB account)
- New Movies
- New Episodes
The Oath Kodi addon FAQ
No. The Oath can use both free and premium sources. Keep in mind that free sources are lower quality than premium ones and prone to buffering issues.
Yes. Debrid providers use their servers to download and store torrents so your IP address is never exposed to the P2P network.
Debrid users don’t need to use a VPN. All the data between your device and the Debrid cloud is encrypted by HTTPS.
Most free sources already use HTTPS to encrypt traffic and are usually safe. Depending on your geographic location, you might need a VPN to protect your privacy.
Looking for more add-ons? These are our favorite Kodi add-ons for February 2021.
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus, ready for Kodi 19.|
|Tempest: Free and premium sources. Great multi-scraper add-on with extra features.|
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Popular add-on with lots of features like live sports, radio, kids section, and more.|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. Requires Debrid Account. Kodi 19 compatible.|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. Kodi 19 compatible.|