The Oath is a popular Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using free, premium, and official sources.
This add-on offers many features including Trakt support, library integration, free sources, premium accounts from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and more. It can also find sources in official streaming services if you have a corresponding account and Kodi add-on installed. The Oath is amazing!
Based on Exodus, The Oath offers a familiar interface with all the functions from its predecessor. It also features its own scrapers package called OathScrapers.
In this guide, we are going to install The Oath on Kodi from its official source. Let’s get started!
Table of contents
- 1. The Oath Overview
- 2. Install The Oath on Kodi
- 3. Additional Settings
- 4. The Oath Settings Summary
- 5. The Oath Kodi addon FAQ
- 6. Alternatives to The Oath
1. The Oath Overview
|Features||Movies and TV Shows|
|Premium sources||Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, Furk|
|Source type||File hosting websites and cached torrents|
|Compatibility||Kodi 19 Matrix & Kodi 18 Leia|
|More features||Orion Indexer support, File downloads, Integrated subtitles|
The Oath Screenshots:
2. Install The Oath on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
2.1. Adding The Oath source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the Oath’s official source on Host505’s Github page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://host505.github.io/ on the top box and the-oath on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
2.2. Installing host505 repository
Host505 is the official repository for The Oath add-on. The repository allows us to install The Oath and update it when a new version is available. We’ll use the newly added source to download and install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select the-oath.
8. Click on repository.host505-x.x.zip to install the repository.
2.3. Install The Oath add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Now Press Install from repository.
10. Click Host505 repo.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select The Oath.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to finish.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to The Oath on the Add-ons tab. Press it to open the add-on.
16. All done! Use the menu to browse movies and TV shows.
You can now stream movies and tv shows using The Oath and Kodi. If you want to use subtitles with The Oath please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Additional Settings
Let’s take a look at how to set up some popular The Oath features. These steps are optional but can improve your user experience.
3.1. Using Real Debrid with The Oath
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
I. Select Tools from The Oath main menu.
II. Press ResolveURL: Settings.
III. Select the Universal Resolver 2 tab and Press (Re)Authorize My Account in the Real Debrid section.
IV. Copy the authorization code.
V. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
VI. Set the name for the connection, write the-oath and press Set that name.
Note: You can manage all your connected devices on the Real Debrid website under My Devices.
Once ResolveURL is authorized with Real Debrid you can go back to Kodi and start using The Oath. Other installed add-ons using the ResolveURL dependency will too have access to premium sources.
VII. Choose a show or movie, free links sources are displayed in white and premium sources in orange.
You’ll see 3 types of premium links:
- Cached Torrent: The file is already on the Real Debrid cloud and ready to be downloaded.
- File Locker Site: The file will be downloaded directly from the specified File Hosting website.
- Uncached Torrent: The magnet link or torrent file will be transferred to the Real Debrid cloud, where it will be downloaded and made available to you as soon as possible. Waiting time depends on the number of seeds/peers available. You can see the download progress on the Real Debrid website under My Torrents.
When using a Debrid service, your device won’t connect directly to the P2P network. Every download is encrypted by HTTPS protocol.
3.2. Using Trakt With The Oath
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is very helpful when you want to sync your watched status across devices.
The Oath can integrate with your Trakt account so you can access your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
It is also capable of scrobbling, so using the official Trakt add-on is optional. Scrobbling means automatically checking in your watched episodes and movies on the cloud.
To use Trakt with The Oath, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
I. Select Tools on The Oath’s main menu.
II. Press TRAKT: Authorize.
III. Copy the authorization code.
IV. Using a web browser visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
V. Press Yes to link The Oath to your Trakt account.
Back in Kodi, you should see your Trakt username on The Oath’s settings menu.
If you’re not using the official Trakt add-on, you should activate Enable scrobble and change Set Resume Point to Trakt Scrobbles to synchronize your watched status with Trakt.
VI. Adjust the Trakt settings according to your needs and press OK when you’re ready.
You can now access your Trakt collection and lists with The Oath using My Movies and My TV Shows on the addon’s main menu.
4. The Oath Settings Summary
The Settings menu is divided into 10 categories: General, Playback, Source Filters, Providers, Trakt, Accounts, Library, Downloads, Subtitles, and Debugging.
To open the Settings Menu in The Oath, go to the add-on’s main menu, select Tools, and press The Oath: Settings.
The General section lets you adjust the language and other interface settings.
|Indicators (1)||Local, Trakt|
|Info Language (2)||Auto|
|Providers Language (3)||English, Greek|
|Enable extra & hq artwork||(Off)|
|Items per page||20|
|Trailers Source||IMDb, YouTube, TMDb|
|Trailers Action||Select, Auto Play|
|New Movies (4)||Featured, People Watching, Most Popular, In Theaters, Recently Released, Disabled|
|Channels (5)||Disabled, Enabled|
|My Lists (6)||Enabled, Disabled|
|IMDB watchlist/user lists sort by:||Recently added, Title|
|Show unaired season/episodes||(On)|
|Show Special Episodes||(On)|
|New Episodes||Trakt Progress, Trakt Episodes, Disabled, Episodes|
(1) Indicators: Save the watched status markers locally or on the cloud using your Trakt.tv account.
(2) Info Language: Movies and shows meta-data language (Titles and descriptions). The “Auto” setting will use Kodi’s default language.
(3) Providers Language: Search for sources with audio in the specified language. English and Greek are available.
(4) New Movies: Select action for the New Movies menu item on The Oath’s main menu.
(5) Channels: List of movies currently playing on popular cable channels.
(6) My Lists: Access your Trakt or IMDB lists.
Adjust playback and source selection options.
VI. Adjust the Trakt settings according to your needs and press OK when you’re ready.
|Default action (1)||Directory, Auto-Play, Dialog|
|Progress Dialog||Foreground, Background|
|Providers Timeout (2)||45|
|Pre-emptive termination (3)||(Off)|
|– Pre-emptive Limit||10|
|Source selection appearance||Double line, Simple|
|Official Source Identifier Color||Spring Green|
|Premium Source Identifier Color||Dark Orange|
|Extra source info||Filename when available, Simplified info|
|Enable metadata on source list||(Off)|
|When playback starts…|
|When playback ends…|
|Refresh watched status||(Off)|
(1) Default action: Action to execute when selecting a movie/episode.
(2) Providers Timeout: Number of seconds to wait for responses from providers when scraping sources.
(3) Pre-emptive termination: Stop scraping sources as soon as X number of sources are found. X is defined by pre-emptive limit.
4.3. Source Filters
Adjust filters and options for scrapping sources.
|Max Resolution (1)||4K, 1080p, 720p, SD|
|Min Resolution (1)||4K, 1080p, 720p, SD|
|– Remove CAM/SRC results (2)||(Off)|
|Enable size filtering (3)||(Off)|
|Debrid Sources Only (4)||(Off)|
|Remove HEVC streams (5)||(Off)|
|Remove Dolby-Vision Stream||(Off)|
|Remove pair/captcha hosts (6)||(Off)|
|Filter-out duplicate links||(On)|
|Verify torrents cache (7)||(On)|
|– Remove uncached torrents if cached exists||(Off)|
|Primal sorting parameter||Premium, Resolution|
|Sort by size if available||(On)|
|Sort by provider||(On)|
(1) Max/Min Resolution: Set the Maximum and Minimum resolution for sources.
(2) Remove CAM/SRC results: Remove very low-quality streams.
(3) Enable size filtering: Enable this option to set different file size limits for movies and episodes.
(4) Debrid Sources Only: Do not show free sources.
(5) Remove HEVC streams: Use this option on old devices unable to decode x265 video.
(6) Remove pair/captcha hosts: Remove free sources that require captcha solving and pairing.
(7) Verify torrents cache: Check if the torrent is already cached on the Debrid cloud.
Manage the providers’ settings. By default, The Oath uses its own providers’ package called OathScrapers.
|Official Providers (2)|
|– Country code||US|
|– Amazon Prime||(Off)|
|– BBC IPlayer||(Off)|
|– Curiosity Stream||(Off)|
|– HBO max||(Off)|
|Enable external providers (Oathscrapers) (3)||(On)|
|– OathScrapers Settings|
(1) Library: The Oath will search for sources in the local library.
(2) Official providers: You can use The Oath with your streaming subscriptions. You’ll have to install the corresponding Kodi add-on for each streaming service you want to use.
(3) Enable external providers (Oathscrapers): Oathscrapers will find free and premium sources.
Manage your account, enable scrobbling, and other Trakt options.
|Utilize your own Trakt API Key (optional)|
|Client ID (2)|
|Client Secret (2)|
|Enable Scrobbling (3)||(Off)|
|Show Notification on Scrobble||(Off)|
|Resume Point source (4)||Local, Trakt|
|Auto Trakt Collections Syncing|
|Sync on Kodi Start||(Off)|
|Schedule Update Every _ Hour/s (5)||0|
(1) Authorize: Press to authorize your Trakt account.
(2) Client ID/Secret: Alternatively, you can authorize Trakt using your API key.
(3) Enable Scrobbling: Scrobbling will synchronize your watched status with Trakt. Do not enable if you’re using the official Trakt addon for scrobbling.
(4) Resume Point source: Enable to use resume point from Trakt.
(5) Schedule Update: Update Trakt collection every X Hours. 0 means no scheduling.
Manage metadata, Debrid, and other accounts used with The Oath.
|Fanart.tv personal API key (1)|
|TMBD API key (2)|
|User ID (3)|
|Configure Debrid Services in ResolveURL settings|
|ResolveURL Settings (5)|
|Furk API Key|
(1) Fanart.tv personal API key: Use your Fanart.tv account to get better quality background images for your movies and shows.
(2) TMDB API key: You can use your TMDB account with The Oath.
(3) User ID: You can also use your IMDb account.
(4) OpenSubtitles.org: Enter your OpenSubtitles account to use the add-on’s subtitle feature.
(5) ResolveURL Settings: Open ResolveURL Settings to manage your Debrid account.
(6) Furk.net: Enter your furk account data. Using a Furk account can increase the number of available sources.
Organize your favorite movies and shows using the library.
|Auto update TV Shows||(On)|
|Show notifications during update||(On)|
|Update library after adding content||(On)|
|Avoid creating duplicate content||(On)|
|24HR delay before import (2)||(Off)|
|Include episodes with unknown air dates||(On)|
|Include special episodes||(On)|
(1) Movies/TV: Select the folders to store Library data. You need to add each folder as a media source for the library to work.
(2) 24HR delay before import: Sometimes, metadata for newer items like episode art or synopsis, are not available right away. Delaying import will avoid incomplete metadata.
Enable file downloading on The Oath.
|Enable downloads (1)||(Off)|
(1) Enable downloads: Enable the file download feature.
(2) Movies/TV: Set a folder to download Movies and another one to download TV shows.
Automatically download subtitles, you must enter your OpenSubtitles account on the Accounts tab to use this feature.
|Convert subtitles to UTF-8||(On)|
5. The Oath Kodi addon FAQ
No. The Oath can use both free and premium sources. Keep in mind that free sources are lower quality than premium ones and prone to buffering issues.
Yes. Debrid providers use their servers to download and store torrents so your IP address is never exposed to the P2P network.
Debrid users don’t need to use a VPN. All the data between your device and the Debrid cloud is encrypted by HTTPS.
Most free sources already use HTTPS to encrypt traffic and are usually safe. Depending on your geographic location, you might need a VPN to protect your privacy.
6. Alternatives to The Oath
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for September 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions.|
|Ezra: Premium sources. Based on Fen, this add-on has all the great features of its predecessor.|
|Umbrella: Premium sources. Great add-on based on Venom.|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fen is back! This add-on is very fast and offers many features.|
|The Promise: Free and Premium sources. Based on The Oath, has all the features from its predecessor.|
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more.|
|Scrubs v2: Free sources. Great add-on specialized in free sources.|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents.|