The Crew is a popular Kodi addon that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using several file hosting websites, it provides a great selection of free and premium sources.
This add-on comes with lots of great features like dedicated sections for live sports, kids, radio, comedy, live TV, and more.
The Crew Kodi addon also supports premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, and All Debrid, which are recommended since free sources availability on The Crew has been decreasing lately.
|Movies, TV shows, Sports, Live TV, Comedy, Kids section, and more.
|Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid
|File hosting websites and cached torrents
|Integrated subtitles, file downloads.
The Crew addon overview
In this guide, we’re going to install The Crew addon on Kodi. Let’s get started!
1. How to install The Crew on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1. Install The Crew repo
Let’s add a link to The Crew’s official source on GitHub, this allows us to download the repository zip file directly from Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://team-crew.github.io/ in the top box and team-crew on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now that we added the link, let’s use it to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
7. Select team-crew.
8. Click on repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while The Crew repo is downloaded and installed. You’ll see a notification when the process is complete.
1.2. Install The Crew addon
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install The Crew addon and its dependencies.
9. Select Install from repository.
10. Click THE CREW REPO.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select The Crew.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to be finished.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to The Crew on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
16. All done! Use the menu to browse Movies, TV shows and other categories.
You are now ready to use The Crew on Kodi.
The Crew features integrated subtitles, but if you need more control over the subtitles’ selection process, please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
2. Using Real Debrid with The Crew
File hosting websites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached-torrents. It can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
Using a Debrid account with The Crew addon is optional, but keep in mind that free sources are increasingly harder to find these days. For an optimal streaming experience, a Debrid account is recommended.
1. Select Tools on The Crew’s main menu.
2. Press RESOLVEURL: Settings.
3. Select the Universal Resolvers 2 tab, scroll down to the Real-Debrid section and press (Re)Authorize My Account.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
6. Set a name for this connection, we’ll use the-crew and press Set that name.
Once ResolveURL is authorized with Real Debrid you can go back to Kodi. Now The Crew and all the other installed addons using ResolveURL as a dependency will have access to premium sources.
7. Use The Crew to select a movie or show, premium links will be shown in pink color, cached torrents in purple and free sources in white.
The Crew Kodi addon uses cached torrents, this means that your device won’t connect directly to the p2p network, instead, it’ll use Real Debrid’s servers to fetch the files so you can stream them via HTTPS.
3. Using Trakt with The Crew
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account with The Crew is optional, but it’s very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
1. Select Tools on The Crew’s main menu.
2. Press Trakt: Authorize.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Using a web browser, visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. You must be logged into your Trakt account.
5. Press Yes to link Trakt with The Crew.
6. Back on Kodi, you’ll see The Crew’s Trakt settings. Press OK to continue.
Once Trakt is authorized, you can access your collection, lists, and other Trakt features by going either to Movies > My Movies or to TV Shows > My TV Shows.
4. The Crew Kodi addon FAQ
No. The Crew can use both free and premium sources. Keep in mind that you won’t find many high-definition videos when using free sources.
Yes. Debrid providers use their servers to download and store torrents so your IP address is never exposed to the P2P network. Cached torrents are only available with a Debrid account.
Free sources usually use HTTPS to encrypt traffic and are mostly safe. That being said, depending on your geographic location, you might feel safer using a VPN when using free sources to protect your privacy.
Debrid users, on the other hand, don’t need to use a VPN. All the data between your device and the Debrid server is encrypted.
5. Alternatives to The Crew
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for March 2024.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)
|Scrubs: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)