In this tutorial, we’re going to install The Crew on Kodi. The Crew is a popular add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using several file hosting websites as a source. It provides lots of great features like dedicated sections for sports, kids, radio, comedy, live TV and more. The Crew supports premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, and All Debrid.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party add-ons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi you’ll have to allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Make sure the Add-ons tab is selected and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding The Crew source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official The Crew source on GitHub, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly from Kodi.
4. Go back to the Settings menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add Source.
6. Enter https://team-crew.github.io/ in the top box and the-crew on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing The Crew repository
The repository is responsible for installing the add-on and updating it when there’s a new version. Let’s use the new source to download and install the repository.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Click on Install from zip file.
9. Select the-crew.
10. Click on repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Install The Crew add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
11. Select Install from Repository.
12. Click THE CREW REPO.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Select The Crew.
15. Press the Install button.
16. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to be finished.
17. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to The Crew on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
18. All done! Use the menu to select movies or TV shows.
[Optional] Using Real Debrid with The Crew
File hosters often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example we’ll use Real Rebrid, a popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
I. Select Tools on The Crew’s main menu.
II. Press RESOLVEURL: SETTINGS.
III. Select the Universal Resolver tab, scroll down to Real Debrid section and press (Re)Authorize My Account.
IV. Copy the authorization code.
V. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
VI. Set a name for this connection, we’ll use the-crew and press Set that name.
Once ResolveURL is authorized with Real Debrid you can close the browser and go back to Kodi. All the add-ons using ResolveURL as dependency such as The Crew, Tempest, Venom, Scrubs V2, and others will have access to premium sources.
VII. Use The Crew to select a movie or show, premium links will be shown in pink, cached torrents in purple and free sources in white.
The Crew uses cached torrents, this means that your device won’t connect directly to the p2p network, instead, it’ll use Real Debrid’s servers to fetch the files so you can stream them as a normal download.