This add-on offers interesting features and it’s quite similar to its predecessor. It features a reorganized menu, trakt.tv support, continuous playback with Next Up, animated source selection screen, dedicated sections with one-click content, documentaries, kids section, and more.
You’ll need a premium account from Real Debrid, All Debrid, or Premiumize for The Boys to properly work. This addon also supports Easynews and Furk accounts and it can integrate with different scraper packages.
IMPORTANT: The Boys add-on has been retired and it isn’t available anymore. We recommend you to try The Crew, a popular add-on by the same developers. For an up-to-date list of working add-ons, please check out The Best Kodi add-ons.
In this guide, we’re going to install The Boys on Kodi. Let’s begin!
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
Adding The Boys source to Kodi
Let’s begin by adding a link to The Boy’s official source on team-crew’s GitHub page so we can download and install the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://team-crew.github.io/ in the top box and the-crew on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing The Crew repository
The Boys is located in The Crew repository. The repository is responsible for installing and updating the add-on. Let’s use the file we’ve just downloaded to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
(Note: To go back, press the back button on the remote, backspace on the keyboard or tap the top-left corner of the screen)
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to continue.
7. Find the zip file we downloaded earlier and click on it to install the repository.
Install The Boys add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
8. Select Install from repository.
9. Click THE CREW REPO.
10. Select Video add-ons.
11. Now Select The Boys.
12. Press the Install button.
13. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to finish.
14. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to The Boys on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
We installed The Boys on Kodi but we still need to set up a Debrid account for it to properly work.
Using Real Debrid with The Boys
File hosters often limit the file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example we’ll use Real Debrid, a popular service to get unrestricted access to cached torrents and various file hosters for a very low price.
Before we begin we recommend you log into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
15. Select Settings on The Boys’ main menu.
16. Select the Debrid tab, make sure Real Debrid is selected, and press on Re-auth Real-Debrid.
17. Copy the authorization code.
18. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Real Debrid account).
19. Set a name for this connection, we’ll use the-boys and press Set that name.
Once The Boy is authorized with Real Debrid you can close the browser and go back to Kodi.
All done! You are ready to use The Boys on Kodi. Explore the menu and select a movie or TV show to start watching.
20. After selecting a movie or show, you’ll see a list of found sources.
When using Real Debrid, The Boys uses cached torrents. Cached torrents are downloaded by the Debrid cloud and made available to you as an encrypted download, your IP address is not exposed to the p2p network.
The Boys has many more features, you can use your trakt.tv account to synchronize your watching progress across devices. You can use your Easynews or Furk account for even more sources. Don’t forget to check out The Boys section on the main menu for extra content like documentaries, one-click movies, and more.
If you want to use subtitles with The Boys please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
The Boys addon FAQ
Yes. The boys require an account from Real Debrid, all Debrid or Premiumize to work. You can also use accounts from Easynews and Furk.
The Boys can interact with other scraper packages like OpenScrapers, Universal-scrapers, FenomScrapers, and the scrapers from The Crew.
Yes, Debrid providers use their servers to download the torrents, the files are then available to the user as an encrypted download. Your IP address is never exposed to the P2P network.
Debrid users don’t need to use a VPN. All the data between your device and the Debrid cloud is SSL encrypted.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for January 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Very popular add-on with many extra features like live sports and more. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Venom: Premium sources. Very popular add-on with great features. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Kodi 19 Matrix & 18 Leia)|