SportHD is an add-on for Kodi that allows you to watch live sports events by scraping sources from a popular streaming website. This add-on offers a simple and well-organized menu with current and upcoming live events and categories for specific sports and leagues. SportsHD is the successor of Sport365 by the same developer.
SportHD is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and it’s a great alternative to older sports add-ons like Plexus and SportsDevil.
If you’re a sports fan, we also recommend that you take a look at ApeX Sports, another great add-on to watch live sports on Kodi.
In this guide, we are going to install SportHD on Kodi using its official source. Let’s begin!
Table of contents
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
Adding SportHD source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the SportHD official source on Bugatsinho’s GitHub page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add source.
4. Enter https://bugatsinho.github.io/repo on the top box and bugatsinho on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Bugatsinho repository
Bugatsinho is the official repository for the SportHD add-on. The repository is responsible for installing SportHD and updating it when new versions become available. We’ll use the newly added source to download and install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Select Install from zip file.
7. Select bugatsinho.
8. Click on repository.bugatsinho-x.x.zip to install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds and you’ll see a repository installed notification.
Installing SportHD Kodi add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on.
9. Press Install from repository.
10. Select Bugatsinho repository.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Click on SportHD.
13. Press the Install button and wait for the process to finish.
14. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to SportHD on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
Now that we installed SportHD on Kodi, we’re going to configure a couple of things.
Set the timezone
Let’s set the timezone to get the right time for live events.
15. Open SportHD and select Settings.
16. Set the timezone and press OK.
Enable RTMP input stream
Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) is a data transmission protocol used by some websites to stream video and audio to a flash player. Some sources on the sporthd.me website use this protocol so we are going to install the corresponding add-on.
17. Go back to the Home Screen and press the cog icon to open the Settings menu.
18. Press Add-ons.
19. Select Install from repository.
20. Select Kodi Add-on repository.
21. Press VideoPlayer InputStream.
22. Click on RTMP Input.
23. Now press Install.
Using SportHD Kodi addon
You are now ready to stream live sports on Kodi with SportHD. The Live Events category lists all the available matches, you can also filter the list of matches by Sport or League.
24. Use the menu to find Live Events.
Looking for more add-ons? These are our favorite Kodi add-ons for April 2021.
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. Requires Debrid Account. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Venom: Premium sources. Popular add-on with great features. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fast add-on specialized in Easynews and Furk, it also works with Debrid accounts. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|TheMovieDb Helper: Pick the content first and select the add-on later. A single interface for all your add-ons and more. (Kodi 19 compatible)|