Sparkle is an addon for Kodi that makes the AceStream search process easier by scraping links from several subreddits specialized in sharing and curating live streams for different sports. AceStream is a peer-to-peer protocol for video streaming and it’s very popular with sports fans around the world.
Using P2P networks consume both download and upload bandwidth, you need a fast internet connection and probably an unrestricted data plan. Depending on your location you might also need to consider using a VPN to protect your privacy.
In this tutorial we’re going to install Sparkle on Kodi. Before we begin you need Plexus and AceStream engine installed on your device, if you need any help please read How to install Plexus on Kodi before continuing.
First, we must download the addon from its official source on GitHub.
1. Go to Sparkle’s GitHub Page, click the green Clone or Download button and select Download ZIP. Remember the folder where you downloaded the file, we’ll be using it later.
2. Open Kodi and click on the Add-ons tab. (If you need help installing Plexus and AceStream please read this guide)
3. Open the Add-on Browser by pressing the box icon on the top left corner of the screen.
4. Select Install from zip file.
5. Locate the file we downloaded earlier and click on it to install Sparkle.
6. Go back to the Home Screen, make sure the Add-ons tab is highlighted and press on Sparkle to open the addon.
7. The main menu shows a list of sport streaming subreddits. Select one, we’ll try Soccer Streams.
8. You’ll see a list of current and upcoming matches for the day, select one.
9. Click on a AceStream ID to start playing.
10. The stream will start playing in a couple of seconds.
After selecting a stream Sparkle will use Plexus to call the AceStream engine, the engine will start looking for peers and it’ll download an initial buffer before playing it. On slow devices this process might take a bit so be patient, it shouldn’t be more than a minute though.
Sparkle doesn’t have a repository so you’ll have to manually check for updates, bookmark the GitHub page and remember to check it before any important event.
It’s a good idea to visit the subreddits listed on Sparkle’s main menu, they have a nice community and browsing through the comments can be very informative if you’re new to AceStream, don’t forget to upvote the streams you like.