Shadow is a popular Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using premium sources. Shadow has been around for a while now, and is in fact the foundation for many other popular add-ons.
This add-on has many features like support for Trakt, next up dialog, customizable menus, integrated subtitles, and more. A premium account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid is required to use Shadow.
In this guide, we’re going to install Shadow on Kodi. Let’s begin!
1. How to install Shadow on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1 Install Narcacist’s repository
Let’s create a link to Narcacist’s repository, this allows us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
Note: Shadow is also available on the Magnetic repo [https://magnetic.website/repo].
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter http://www.narcacist.com/repo on the top box and narcacist on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now that we added the link, let’s use it to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select narcacist.
8. Click on repository.NarcacistWizard-x.x.x.zip to install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is being downloaded. You’ll see a notification when the installation process finishes.
1.2. Install Shadow Kodi add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the Shadow add-on.
9. Press Install from repository.
10. Click Narcacist’s Wizard Repository.
11. Click Video add-ons.
12. Select Shadow.
13. Press the Install button.
Wait a couple of seconds while the add-on is downloaded, you’ll see a notification when the installation process is done.
14. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to Shadow on the Add-ons tab. Press it to open the add-on.
We installed Shadow on Kodi, but we still need to authorize a premium account in order to get sources. You can use your Real Debrid, Premiumize, or All Debrid.
2. Using Real Debrid with Shadow
Shadow requires a premium account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, or Furk to function properly.
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
1. Open Shadow and select Settings.
2. On the Debrid tab, press Re-auth Real-Debrid.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
5. Set the name for the connection, write Shadow and press Set that name.
All done! You’re now ready to use Shadow. Navigate the main menu to select a movie or TV show.
Once you made your choice, Shadow will show you a list of available sources, pick one to start playing.
6. You’ll see a selectable list of available sources before playing a movie or episode.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect to the p2p network directly, instead, Real Debrid will fetch the files on their servers, and it’ll let you get them as a normal download encrypted by HTTPS.
Shadow has an automatic subtitles feature, but if you need more control over the subtitles’ selection process, please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Using Trakt with Shadow
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional, but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
Shadow can integrate with your Trakt account, giving you access to your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
To use Trakt with Shadow, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open Shadow and select Settings.
2. Go to the Trakt tab and press ReAuthenticate Trakt.
3. Press Yes to continue.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Using a web browser, visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
6. Press Yes to link Shadow to your Trakt account.
7. Go back to Shadow’s main menu and select Trakt.
8. You can now access your collection, lists, and other Trakt features on Shadow.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for June 2023.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)|
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)|
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)|
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)|
|Scrubs v2: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)|
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)|
4 thoughts on “The complete guide to Shadow on Kodi ”
HI. I’ve installed a working Shadow Add-on to Kodi 20.1 and it seems to be working well.
It’s one of the fastest Add-ons I’ve used in a long time.
There is however, a recurring issue.
When I put Shadow on a Widget (with Shadow Trakt TV Progress), Kodi constantly brings up a box and refreshes the Progress from Trakt.
It brings up the box on startup, any time I click on a Category, after I select a program to play, after I start the program playing, and when the program is finished.
There must be some way I can prevent this. Any ideas?
I downloaded the Shadow add-on on Kodi. When I click on an episode of a show to watch it says NO LINKS FOUND. What am I doing wrong?
Followed instructions, nothing in repo. Wish people would get things right before posting on internet….such a waste of time.
Hi. I’ve just installed Shadow on Kodi 19.4 (Windows 11 and Android 10) and everything seems to be working fine. I’ve heard some people having problems with the magnetic repo freezing after install, restarting Kodi will fix that problem. Shadow is also available on Narcacist’s repo if Magnetic is not working for you. If the repository is empty, you’re probably using an older or (even worse) an unreleased version of Kodi. Stick to the release version to avoid headaches.