POV is a Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows from premium sources. Based on Fen, POV is very fast, and it has many of the features from its predecessor.
A premium account from Easynews, Real Debrid, Premiumize, Furk or All Debrid is required to use POV. These services grant you unrestricted, high-speed access to files on the cloud.
POV features Trakt support, file downloads, subtitles, its own favorites list, a Discover section to create custom lists, autoplay, extra information screens, and more.
POV is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 20 Nexus.
In this guide, we’re going to install POV on Kodi. Let’s get started!
1. POV Overview
|Features||Movies and TV shows|
|Premium sources||Easynews, Furk, Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid|
|Source Type||File hosting websites, cached torrents, cloud storage, Usenet|
|Other Features||Favorites list, customizable filters, file downloads, subtitles, auto-playback, next episode dialog, extra info screen, many context menu actions.|
2. How to install POV on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
2.1. Install kodifitzwell repository
Let’s add a link to POV’s official source, the kodifitzwell repository on GitHub, which allows us to download the repository file directly from Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://kodifitzwell.github.io/repo/ in the top box and pov on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now that we added the link, let’s use it to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
You’ll see a message about the auto-update feature, press Yes to continue.
7. Select pov.
8. Now click on repository.kodifitzwell-x.x.x.zip.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is downloaded and installed. You’ll see a notification when the process is done.
2.2. Install POV add-on
Now let’s use the repository to install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Select Install from Repository.
10. Press kodifitzwell repository.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Now select POV.
13. Press the Install button.
Wait a couple of seconds while the add-on is downloaded. You’ll see a notification when the installation process finishes.
14. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to POV on the Add-ons section.
We’ve installed POV on Kodi, but we still need to set up a Debrid account.
3. Using Real Debrid with POV
POV requires a premium account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, Easynews or Furk to function properly.
In this guide, we’re going to use Real Debrid, a popular service that grants access to cached torrents and various file hosting services for a very low price.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect directly to the P2P network. But rather the files will be transferred to the Real Debrid cloud, so you can easily download them via HTTPS.
1. Open POV and select Settings.
2. Press Settings: My Services.
3. Make sure the My Services tab is selected and press Authorize under Real Debrid.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
6. Enter POV and press Set that name.
7. Now press OK to close the settings dialog.
All done! You’re now ready to use POV on Kodi.
Navigate the add-on’s main menu and select a movie or TV show. Once you’ve made your choice, POV will show a selectable list of available sources.
9. Select a source to start playing the video.
POV offers automatic subtitles downloads, but if you need more control over the subtitles’ selection process, please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
4. Additional Settings
Let’s take a look at some popular features on POV. These steps are optional, but they can improve your user experience.
4.1. Using Trakt with POV
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional, but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
POV can integrate with your Trakt account, giving you access to your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
To use Trakt with POV, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open POV and select Settings.
2. Press Settings: POV.
3. Scroll down to the My Lists section and press Authorize under Trakt.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Visit https://trakt.tv/activate on your web browser and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
6. Press Yes to link POV with your Trakt account.
7. Adjust Trakt settings to your preferences and Press OK to close the settings window.
You can now use your Trakt account with POV.
Go to My Lists on the add-on’s main menu to access your collection, watchlist, and custom lists. Other Trakt options are available inside the Movies and TV Shows categories such as In Progress, Watched, and Next Episodes.
4.2. Auto-play content
By default, POV shows a selectable list of sources before playing a video. We can override this behavior and have the add-on select a source automatically.
1. Open POV’s settings and select the Playback tab. Enable Auto Play under the Movies and/or Episodes sections. Adjust the settings according to your preferences.
Activate Autoplay Next Episode to enable continuous episode playback and the “Play Next” and “Still Watching” dialogs.
You should also go to the Results tab and use the Sorting and Filtering settings to prioritize or exclude certain video formats like HEVC, HDR, Dolby Vision, AV1, CAM and 3D.
5. Alternatives to POV
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for June 2023.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)|
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)|
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)|
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)|
|Scrubs v2: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)|
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)|