Nightwing is a popular Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using free and premium sources. This multi-scraper add-on also features specialized sections for kids, documentaries, fitness, and 1-click content.
This add-on has many features like Trakt support, library integration, file download, subtitles, and its own providers’ package called NightwingScrapers. Nightwing also supports premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and others.
IMPORTANT: Nightwing hasn’t been updated in a while, it still works, but we recommend you to take a look at our list of the best Kodi add-ons.
In this guide, we’re going to install Nightwing on Kodi using its official source, the Magnetic repository. Let’s begin!
1. How to Install Nightwing on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1. Install Magnetic repository
Let’s begin by adding a link to the magnetic repository, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://magnetic.website/repo on the top box and magnetic repo on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now, let’s use the link to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select magnetic repo.
8. Click on repository.Magnetic-x.x.x.zip to install the repository.
1.2. Install Nightwing Kodi add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install Nightwing and its dependencies.
9. Now Press Install from repository.
10. Click Magnetic repo.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select Nightwing.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to finish.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to Nightwing on the Add-ons tab. Press it to open the add-on.
16. All done! Use the menu to browse movies and TV shows.
You can now stream movies and TV shows using Nightwing and Kodi. If you want to use subtitles with your videos, please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
2. Using Trakt With Nightwing
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status and collections across devices.
Nightwing can integrate with your Trakt account so you can access your Collection, lists, and bookmarks. It is also capable of scrobbling, so using the official Trakt add-on is optional. Scrobbling means automatically checking in your watched episodes and movies on the cloud.
To use Trakt with Nightwing, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Select Tools on Nightwing’s main menu.
2. Press TRAKT: Authorise.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Using a web browser visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
5. Press Yes to link Nightwing to your Trakt account.
Back in Kodi, you should see your Trakt username next to Authorise on Nightwings’s settings menu.
6. Enable Sync with Trakt watched status on add-on startup and also Enable Scrobbling. Set the Resume Point source to Trakt scrobbles. Then press OK to save the settings.
Do not enable scrobbing if you’re using the official Trakt add-on to avoid conflicts between add-ons.
To access your Trakt collection and lists on Nightwing use Movies > My Movies or TV Shows > My TV Shows on the addon’s menu.
3. Using Real Debrid with Nightwing
Nightwing works with free and premium sources so using a Debrid account is optional.
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
1. Select Tools from Nightwing’s main menu.
2. Press URLResolver: Settings.
3. Select the Universal Resolver 2 tab and Press (Re)Authorize My Account in the Real Debrid section.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
6. Set the name for the connection, write Nightwing and press Set that name.
Note: You can manage all your connected devices on the Real Debrid website under My Devices.
Once ResolveURL is authorized with Real Debrid you can go back to Kodi and start using Nightwing. Other installed add-ons using the ResolveURL dependency will too have access to premium sources.
7. Choose a show or movie, free links sources are displayed in white and premium sources in orange.
When using a Debrid service, your device won’t connect directly to the P2P network. Every download is encrypted by HTTPS protocol.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for March 2024.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)
|Scrubs: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)