The Netflix Kodi add-on offers a convenient way to access Netflix’s extensive catalog of movies and TV shows directly on Kodi. This add-on is not officially developed by Netflix itself, but it offers a lot of great features like access to multiple profiles, recommendations, library integration, watched status synchronization, high-resolution playback (on supported devices), Up Next add-on integration to play episodes continuously, and more.
In this step-by-step guide, we’re going to install the unofficial Netflix add-on on Kodi. Please note that this add-on requires a Netflix account. Let’s begin.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party add-ons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi you’ll have to allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Select the Add-ons tab, enable Unknown Sources and Show notifications.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding a link to the add-on source
Let’s add a link to the add-on’s source on CastagnaIT’s GitHub page so we can download and install the repository zip file.
4. Go back to the Settings menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add source.
6. Enter https://castagnait.github.io/repository.castagnait/ on the top box and netflix on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing CastagnaIT repository
The repository is responsible of installing and updating the add-on. Let’s use the newly added source to install the repo.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and select Add-ons.
8. Press Install from zip file.
9. Select netflix.
10. Click on repository.castagnait-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Netflix add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to install Netflix and its dependencies.
11. Select Install from repository.
12. Click on CastagnaIT Repository for Kodi18.x (LEIA) to open the repository.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Now Select Netflix.
15. Press the Install button.
16. Select the latest version of the add-on.
17. You will see a list of dependencies that will be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait until the process ends.
18. Go back to the Home Screen, highlight the Add-ons tab and select Netflix to open the add-on.
We have installed Netflix on Kodi but we still need to set up an account.
Setting up your Netflix account
When you open the add-on for the first time it’ll launch its configuration wizard.
19. Open the add-on, you’ll be prompted to enter your Netflix account. Type your email.
20. Now enter your password.
21. Netflix requires the InputStream Adaptive add-on, if it is not installed you’ll be prompted to install it now. Press Yes to continue.
Using the Netflix add-on with Kodi
Now we are ready to use the add-on.
22. If you have more than one profile you can select one when opening the add-on.
23. Use Netflix’s main menu to navigate the categories and choose a movie or show.
Netflix uses a special encryption protocol to play 1080p and 4K videos, if your device supports this protocol you’ll be prompted to install the Widevine CDM add-on and you’ll be able to watch high-resolution videos. Some Android boxes are not Widevine compatible and will only play 720p videos.
|The Crew: multi-scraper add-on with lots of features like sports, radio, kids section, and more.|
|Tempest: great multi-scraper add-on with extra features.|
|Venom: multi-scraper add-on based on Exodus.|
|Seren: excellent add-on, requires Debrid Account.|
|Elementum: high-quality streams using torrents.|