Netflix add-on is not officially developed by Netflix itself, but it offers a lot of great features like access to multiple profiles, recommendations, library integration, watched status synchronization, high-resolution playback (on supported devices), Up Next add-on integration to play episodes continuously, and more.
In this guide, we’re going to install the unofficial Netflix add-on on Kodi. Please note that this add-on requires a Netflix account. Let’s begin.
Table of contents
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
Downloading the repository zip file
First, let’s download the repository zip file for Netflix from its official source on Castagnait’s GitHub page.
1. Go to Castagnait’s GitHub page, scroll down and download the appropriate file for your Kodi version.
Installing CastagnaIT repository
The repository is responsible for installing and updating the add-on. Let’s use the file we’ve just downloaded to install the repo.
2. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the Settings menu.
3. Select Add-ons.
4. Press Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
5. Locate the downloaded file and click on it to install the repository.
Installing Netflix add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to install Netflix and its dependencies.
6. Select Install from repository.
7. Click on CastagnaIT Repository for Kodi to open the repository.
8. Select Video add-ons.
9. Now Select Netflix.
10. Press the Install button.
11. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK and wait until the process is finished.
12. Go back to the Home Screen, highlight the Add-ons tab, and select Netflix to open the add-on.
We have installed Netflix on Kodi but we still need to set up an account.
Setting up your Netflix account
When you open the add-on for the first time it’ll launch its configuration wizard.
13. Netflix requires the InputStream Adaptive add-on, you’ll be prompted to install it now. Press Yes to continue.
14. You must enter your Netflix credentials, select E-Mail/Password.
15. Type your email.
16. Now enter your password.
Log in problems and Authentication Key method
Sometimes, unexpected changes on the Netflix website can cause log-in errors when using the addon. If you get the “Incorrect Password” message, you’ll have to use the Authentication Key method.
To use this method, you must download and run a small script. The script will open a web browser and it’ll ask you to log in to Netflix so it can capture the authentication key on a file that will be used with the addon. Go to the addon’s wiki on Github to download the script and follow the instructions.
Some antivirus may flag the script as malware, you can read more about it here.
Using the Netflix add-on with Kodi
Now we are ready to use the add-on.
17. Select a profile.
18. Use the addon’s main menu to navigate the categories and choose a movie or show.
Netflix uses a special encryption protocol to play 1080p and 4K videos, if your device supports this protocol you’ll be prompted to install the Widevine CDM add-on and you’ll be able to watch high-resolution videos. Some Android boxes are not Widevine compatible and will only play 720p videos.
Looking for more add-ons? These are our favorite Kodi add-ons for April 2021.
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. Requires Debrid Account. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Venom: Premium sources. Popular add-on with great features. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fast add-on specialized in Easynews and Furk, it also works with Debrid accounts. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|TheMovieDb Helper: Pick the content first and select the add-on later. A single interface for all your add-ons and more. (Kodi 19 compatible)|