Hummingbird is an add-on for Kodi that allows you to watch anime, it features neatly organized menus, advanced search functionality and it supports watchlists from Kitsu, MyAnimeList, and AniList so you can keep track of alAl your favorite anime episodes. Hummingbird is currently in beta, so some errors are expected.
In this step-by-step guide we’re going to install Hummingbird on Kodi, let’s begin.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party add-ons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi you’ll have to allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Make sure the Add-ons tab is selected and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding a link to Hummingbird official source
Let’s add a link to the official source of Hummingbird on Wilson Magic’ s GitHub page so we can download and install the repository zip file.
4. Go back to the Settings menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add source.
6. Enter https://wilson-magic.github.io/repo/ on the top box and WilsonMagic on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Wilson Magic repository
The repository is responsible for downloading and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to install the repository.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and select Add-ons.
8. Press Install from zip file.
9. Select WilsonMagic.
10. Click on repository.wilson-magic-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Hummingbird Kodi add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install Hummingbird and its dependencies.
11. Select Install from repository.
12. Click on Wilson Magic’s Kodi Addon Repo.
13. Press Video add-ons.
14. Select Hummingbird.
15. Press the Install button.
16. You’ll see a list of dependencies for Hummbingird, click OK to continue and wait while the installation is complete.
If the YouTube configuration wizard comes up just press No to use its default settings.
17. Go back to the Home Screen, highlight the Add-ons tab and select Hummingbird to open the addon.
18. Use the menu to find and watch anime.