Homelander is a Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows using free, premium, and official sources. Based on The Oath, Homelander has many of the features of its predecessor.
This add-on offers Trakt support, library integration, file downloads, subtitles, free sources scraping, support for premium accounts from Real Debrid, Premiumize and more. It can also find sources in official streaming services if you have the corresponding user accounts and add-ons installed.
In this guide, we’re going to install Homelander on Kodi. Let’s get started!
1. Homelander Overview
|Features||Movies and TV shows|
|Premium Sources||Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, and more|
|Source Type||File hosting websites and cached torrents|
|More Features||Automatic subtitles, File downloads.|
2. How to install Homelander on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
2.1. Install The Crew repository
Let’s add a link to The Crew’s official source on GitHub, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly from Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://team-crew.github.io/ in the top box and team-crew on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now that we added the link, let’s use it to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
7. Select team-crew.
8. Click on repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is downloaded and installed. You’ll see a notification when the process is complete.
2.2. Install Homelander add-on
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Select Install from Repository.
10. Click THE CREW REPO.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select Homelander.
13. Press the Install button.
14. Click OK to install Homelander and its dependencies.
Wait a couple of seconds for the installation process to finish. You’ll see a notification when it’s done.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to Homelander on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the add-on.
16. All done! Use the menu to browse Movies, TV shows and other categories.
Homelander features automatic subtitles download, but if you need more control over the subtitles’ selection process, please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Additional Settings
Let’s take a look at some other features of Homelander. These steps are optional, but can improve your experience when using the add-on.
3.1. Using Real Debrid with Homelander
File hosters often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
Using a Debrid account with Homelander is optional.
1. Open Homelander and select Tools.
2. Press ResolveURL: Settings.
3. Select the Universal Resolver 2 tab and Press (Re)Authorize My Account in the Real Debrid section.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Using a web browser, visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
6. Enter Homelander and press Set that name.
You can now use Homelander with premium sources.
Navigate the add-on’s menu to select a movie or episode. Once you’ve made your choice, Homelander will show a selectable list of available sources.
7. Select a source to start playing the video.
When using a Debrid service, your device won’t connect directly to the P2P network. Every download is encrypted via HTTPS protocol.
3.2. Using Trakt With Homelander
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is very helpful when you want to sync your watched status across devices.
Homelander can integrate with your Trakt account, so you can access your collection, lists, and bookmarks. It is also capable of scrobbling, meaning it’ll automatically check in your watched episodes and movies on the cloud.
To use Trakt with Homelander, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open Homelander and select Tools.
2. Press TRAKT: Authorise.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Using a web browser, visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
5. Press Yes to link Homelander to your Trakt account.
Back in Kodi, you should see your Trakt username on Homelander’s settings menu.
6. If you’re not using the official Trakt add-on, Enable scrobbing and set Resume Point source to Trakt scrobbles. Press OK to continue.
You can now access your Trakt collection and lists with Homelander using My Movies and My TV Shows on the add-on’s main menu.
4. Alternatives to Homelander
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for December 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)|
|Fen: Fen is back! This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)|
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)|
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)|
|Scrubs v2: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)|
|Homelander: Based on The Oath, has all the features from its predecessor. (Free and Premium sources)|
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (P2P sources)|