Ghost is an all-in-one add-on for Kodi that lets you stream movies and TV shows using premium sources, it also features specialized sections for live TV and sports Replays.
This add-on offers a fast interface and has many features like Trakt support, Next Up dialog, One-click play, and subtitles. Ghost requires a premium account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, or Furk.
In this guide, we’re going to install Ghost on Kodi 19 Matrix. Let’s begin!
1. How to install Ghost on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1. Install the Team Crew repository
We’ll start by creating a link to the Team Crew repository, this will allow us to download the repo zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://team-crew.github.io/ in the top box and team-crew on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now that we added the link, let’s use it to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
7. Select team-crew.
8. Click on repository.thecrew-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is downloaded and installed. You’ll see a notification when the process is done.
1.2. Install the Ghost add-on
Let’s use the repository to install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Select Install from Repository.
10. Click THE CREW REPO.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select Ghost.
13. Press the Install button.
14. Press OK to install Ghost and its dependencies.
Wait a couple of seconds while the add-on is downloaded, you’ll see a notification when the installation process is done.
15. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to Ghost on the Add-ons tab.
We’re almost done! Ghost is installed on Kodi but we still need to set up a debrid account or the add-on won’t find any sources.
2. Using Real Debrid with Ghost
Ghost requires a premium account from Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, or Furk to function properly.
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
1. Open Ghost and select Settings.
2. On the Debrid tab, make sure Choose debrid service is set to Real-Debrid and press Re-auth Real-Debrid.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
5. Set the name for the connection, write Ghost and press Set that name.
All done! You’re now ready to use Ghost. Navigate the add-on’s main menu to select a movie or TV show.
Once you made your choice, Ghost will show you a list of available sources, pick one to start playing.
6. You’ll see a selectable list of available sources before playing a movie or episode.
Ghost has a subtitles feature but if you need more control over the subtitles selection process please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Additional Settings
Let’s take a look at some popular features on Ghost. These steps are optional.
3.1. Using Trakt with Ghost
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
Ghost can integrate with your Trakt account giving you access to your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
To use Trakt with Ghost, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open Ghost and select Trakt.
2. Press any item on the menu. Let’s select Progress.
3. You’ll be prompted to authenticate with Trakt, press Yes to continue.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Using a web browser visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
6. Press Yes to link Ghost to your Trakt account.
You can now use your Trakt account with Ghost. Go to Trakt on the add-on’s main menu to access your collections, lists, recommendations, and other Trakt features.
3.2. Auto-play content
By default, Ghost will show a selectable list of sources before playing a video. Enabling the One Click Play feature will automatically select a source for us.
1. Open Ghost and select Settings.
2. Select the One Click Play tab and enable One Click Play on Movies and/or TV Shows.
3. Now select the Next Up tab and enable Auto play if no choice is made. Press OK to save the settings.
Now Ghost will automatically select a source when you play content.
4. Alternatives to Ghost
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for August 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions.|
|Ezra: Premium sources. Based on Fen, this add-on has all the great features of its predecessor.|
|Umbrella: Premium sources. Great add-on based on Venom.|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fen is back! This add-on is very fast and offers many features.|
|The Promise: Free and Premium sources. Based on The Oath, has all the features from its predecessor.|
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more.|
|Scrubs v2: Free sources. Great add-on specialized in free sources.|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents.|