Exodus Redux is a popular addon for Kodi based on Exodus. It streams movies and TV shows from several websites using OpenScrapers, a community maintained set of scrapers. Exodus Redux has the same interface and features of its predecessor such as Trakt.tv support, premium accounts like Real Debrid and Premiumize, library integration and more.
In this tutorial we’re going to install Exodus Redux using its official source, the Exodus Redux repository. Let’s begin.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party addons on Kodi
If this is your first time installing addons you must configure Kodi to allow the installation of unofficial addons. Skip to the next section if you already did this.
1. Open the System menu by pressing the cog icon on the top left corner of the Home Screen.
2. Select System settings.
3. Select the Add-ons tab and enable Show notifications and Unknown sources.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow installation of 3rd party addons that are not available in the official Kodi repository, we also recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding Exodus Redux source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official Exodus Redux source on I-A-C’s GitHub page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
4. Go back to the System menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add Source.
6. Enter https://i-a-c.github.io/ on the top box and ExodusRedux Repo on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Exodus Redux repository
The repository is responsible of installing and updating the add-on, let’s use the new source to download the repository.
7. Go back to the System menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Select Install from zip file.
9. Now Select Exodus Redux Repo.
10. Click on repository-exodusredux-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Installing Exodus Redux add-on
Let’s use the repository to install the add-on.
11. Select Install from Repository.
12. Click on Exodus Redux Repo.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Select Exodus Redux.
15. Press the Install button, this will download and install the addon and its dependencies. Wait for the process to finish.
16. Go back to the Home Screen, you should now see a shortcut to Exodus Redux on the Add-ons tab. Click on it to open the addon.
17. All done! Use the menu to watch movies or TV shows with Exodus Redux.
Exodus Redux uses OpenScrapers, a community maintained set of scrapers to search for video sources. OpenScrapers is already enabled by default, you can modify the provider settings selecting Scraper Settings on the add-on’s main menu.
To use your Trakt.tv account with Exodus Redux, please read How to use Trakt with Exodus Redux for more information.
Exodus Redux features integrated subtitles but if you need more control over the subtitle selection process please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
[Optional] Using Real Debrid with Exodus Redux
File hosters often limit the file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the speed, quantity and
quality of available sources.
In this example we’ll use Real Debrid, a popular service to get access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
I. Let’s authorize our Real Debrid account on ResolveURL. Press Tools.
II. Scroll down and select ResolverURL Settings.
III. Select the Universal Resolvers tab, scroll down to the Real-Debrid section and change the Priority to 90. Press OK to set the new priority.
VI. Re-open ResolveURL Settings, select the Universal Resolvers tab again, scroll down to the Real-Debrid section and this time press on (Re)Authorize My Account.
V. Copy the authorization code.
VI. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account.)
VII. Press Allow.
VIII. Set a name for this connection, we’ll write Exodus Redux.
Now that we’ve authorized ResolveURL with Real Debrid you can close the browser and go back to Kodi. Exodus Redux, Yoda and other add-ons using the dependency ResolveURL will have access to premium sources.
IX. Premium links are shown in blue and torrent links are shown in green when selecting sources on Exodus Redux.
When using Real Debrid, torrents are downloaded using their servers and transferred to your device as a normal download. You’re connecting to Real Debrid servers, not to a P2P network.