Due to its P2P nature, it uses both download and upload bandwidth while you’re watching videos. Depending on your location, you might need a VPN to protect your privacy while using torrents.
Elementum has many features like library integration, Trakt support, file downloads, integrated subtitles, automatic playback and even web interface to manage your torrents.
In this guide, we’re going to install Elementum on Kodi. Let’s begin!
1. Downloading Elementum
First, let’s download Elementum’s repository zip file from its official website.
The new ElementumOrg stand-alone repository is recommended for installing Elementum. It will automatically detect your platform and install the appropriate files for it.
1. Go to Elementum’s official site and download the repository zip file by clicking on the All-in-one (repository.elementumorg-0.0.1.zip) link.
Remember the folder where you saved the file, as we’ll need it later.
2. Enabling Remote Control
Before installing Elementum we need to enable remote control settings in Kodi. This is necessary for the add-on to work properly. Some features like library updates, lists synchronization, repository management, and more are dependent on this.
2. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select Services.
4. Highlight the Control tab and enable Allow remote control from applications on other systems.
You will see a warning notification, press Yes to allow remote control.
3. Installing the Elementum Repository
If this is the first time you’re installing add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
We are going to install the new ElementumOrg repository using the zip file we’ve just downloaded.
5. Go back to the System menu and select Add-ons.
6. Press Install from zip file.
You’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to continue.
7. Locate the installation file that we downloaded earlier and click on it to install the Elementum Repository.
4. Installing Elementum Add-on
Now, let’s use the repository to install the Elementum add-on. The installation process will automatically detect your platform and download the corresponding files. It will also install Elementum Burst.
8. Select Install from repository.
9. Press ElementumOrg respository.
10. Select Video add-ons.
11. Now, select Elementum.
12. Press the Install button.
Wait while the files are downloaded and installed. After a couple of seconds, you’ll be prompted to install Elementum Burst. Burst is a multi-provider add-on responsible for searching torrents on various websites.
13. Press Yes to install Elementum Burst.
All done! Elementum, Elementum Burst, and the torrent engine are now installed on Kodi. You should see an “Elementum daemon has started” notification.
5. Using Elementum
Now that Elementum and Elementum Burst are installed on Kodi, let’s use the add-on to watch some videos.
14. Go to the Home Screen and highlight the Add-ons tab. Press on Elementum to open the add-on.
15. Use the menu to find Movies or TV Shows.
Whenever you choose a movie or episode, Elementum Burst will look for torrents on different websites.
16. You’ll see a list of available torrents. Select one to start playing the video.
17. The torrent engine will connect to other peers and download a small buffer before playing the file.
Elementum supports automatic subtitles search, you must have an OpenSubtitles account to use the feature.
Please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi for more information about the subtitles’ settings and subtitles add-on suggestions.
6. Elementum WebUI [Recommended]
There’s a useful web interface to remotely manage your torrents from a smartphone or other devices on your local network. You can add, delete, resume, and pause torrents using the web interface.
1. Using a web browser, go to http://locahost:65220/web/ to access the Elementum WebUI.
7. Change Elementum storage method [Optional]
By default, Elementum will temporarily download fragments of the streamed file on the device’s RAM.
If you want to keep files on the hard drive, you can change the storage method in the add-on’s settings menu. Using the file system instead of the memory might help with stuttering problems on devices with limited memory.
1. Open Elementum and press Settings.
2. Select the General tab, scroll down to the Storage section and change the Download storage type to Use files, then press Download Path and choose a folder to store the downloaded files.
You must set a download path in order to use files as storage type instead of memory.
Android users must set the Download Path to a folder inside the Kodi data folder (Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/<your_folder_here>).
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for March 2024.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)
|Scrubs: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)