Due to its P2P nature, it uses both download and upload bandwidth while you’re watching content. Depending on your location, you might need a VPN to protect your privacy while using torrents.
Forked from Quasar, Elementum uses a different torrent engine with extra features like streaming directly to the device’s memory, support for NAS or FAT32 systems, and more.
In this guide, we’re going to install Elementum on Kodi. Let’s begin.
Table of contents
1. Downloading Elementum
First, let’s download Elementum’s zip file from its official website. The zip file contains the add-on and the repository.
Android 10 or higher users, must download ElementumService instead of regular Elementum, please read Elementum on Android 10+ before proceeding.
1. Go to Elementum’s official site and download the proper package for your system. Remember the folder where you download the file, we’ll be using it later.
If you’re not sure about your system specs, download the All-in-One package.
2. Preparing Kodi for Elementum
Before installing Elementum we must allow the use of 3rd party addons on Kodi. We also need to allow Kodi to communicate with other applications so that it can work with the torrent engine.
2. Open the Settings menu by pressing the cog icon near the top left corner of the Home Screen.
3. Select System.
4. Select the Add-ons tab and enable Show notifications and Unknown sources.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party addons. We also recommend enabling Show notifications since most add-ons use them to display important information.
5. Go back to the System menu and this time select Service.
6. Highlight the Control tab and activate Allow remote control from applications on other systems.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a warning message when allowing remote control. Press Yes to proceed.
3. Installing Elementum on Kodi
Now we are ready to install Elementum on Kodi.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and select Add-ons.
8. Select Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, You’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to continue.
9. Locate the installation file that we downloaded earlier and click on it to install Elementum and the Elementum Repository.
10. Wait a couple of seconds and you’ll be prompted to install Elementum Burst. Burst is a multi-provider addon responsible for searching torrents on several websites. Press Yes to install Elementum Burst.
Sometimes, Elementum Burst fails to install. In that case, restart Kodi and you’ll be prompted to install Elementum Burst again. If the automatic installation fails you’ll have to do it manually, please read How to install Elementum Burst.
4. Using Elementum
11. Go to the Home Screen and highlight the Add-ons tab. Press on Elementum to open the addon.
12. Use the menu to find Movies or TV Shows.
13. Once you’ve selected a movie or episode, Elementum Burst will search for torrents on several websites. You’ll see a list of available torrents after a couple of seconds. Select one to start playing the video.
14. Elementum will connect to other peers and download a small buffer before playing the file.
Now you’re ready to stream videos on Kodi with Elementum. If you can’t find any torrents please read the troubleshooting section below.
To use Kodi’s library with Elementum please read Library Integration with Elementum and Kodi. You can also use it to get access to your Trakt.tv account, please read How to use Trakt with Elementum for more information.
Elementum supports automatic subtitles but if you need more control over the subtitles selection process please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
5. Elementum WebUI [Recommended]
There’s a useful web interface to remotely manage your torrents from a smartphone or other devices on your local network. You can add, delete, resume, and pause torrents using the web interface.
I. Using a web browser go to http://kodi_local_IP_address:65220/web/ to access the Elementum WebUI.
There are a couple of addresses that show extra information on Elementum.
To check Elementum’s debug information use http://kodi_local_IP:65220/debug/all, you can also download the debug info file together with Kodi’s log using http://kodi_local_IP:65220/debug/bundle, this information is very helpful when reporting bugs.
6. Change Elementum storage method [Optional]
By default, Elementum will use the device’s RAM to temporarily download fragments of the file while streaming. If you want to keep files on the hard drive you can change the storage method using the add-on’s settings.
I. Open Elementum and press Settings.
II. Select the General tab, scroll down to the Storage section and change the Download storage type to Use files, then press Download Path and choose a folder to store the downloaded files.
7.1. Elementum can’t find torrents, provider time-out.
Sometimes, when selecting a movie or show, Elementum Burst returns no results and the providers just time out. This usually happens on Windows. To fix this issue we’ll disable the built-in HTTP proxy.
I. Open Elementum and press Settings.
II. Select the Proxy tab and deactivate Enable built-in HTTP proxy. Press OK to save the changes.
Now try selecting a movie or TV show again and you should get results when searching for torrents.
8. Elementum on Android 10 and up
Due to new security measures on Android, apps targeting SDK29 or higher can no longer run external sub-processes. This prevents Kodi from running the torrent engine, throwing the “Error 13 Permission denied” message.
ElementumService is a wrapper for Elementum’s binaries that converts the torrent engine into an Android Service. It consists of 2 files, an APK that contains the torrent engine, and a ZIP file with the modified add-on.
I. Go to ElementumService’s releases page and download the latest versions of the APK and ZIP files.
Make sure you download the correct APK for your device. Nvidia Shield and newer Android TV Boxes must download the arm64-v8a release. Generic Android TV Boxes usually use the armebi-v7a release. If you’re not sure which one to use, download the universal release.
After you downloaded both files, install the APK first and then install the modified add-on (zip file) in the same way as regular Elementum, click here to go back to the installation instructions.
Once the add-on is installed, it’ll start the service app, which may ask you to grant file access permissions. On Android 11 and up, you might also need to run a command using ADB. Please read more about it on ElementumService’s GitHub page.
- Library Integration with Elementum and Kodi.
- How to use Trakt with Elementum.
- Elementum’s Official Site.
- Elementum on Github.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for December 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)|
|Fen: Fen is back! This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)|
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)|
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)|
|Scrubs v2: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)|
|Homelander: Based on The Oath, has all the features from its predecessor. (Free and Premium sources)|
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (P2P sources)|