Asgard is a popular Kodi addon that allows you to stream a great variety of content using premium sources. In addition to movies and TV shows, Asgard also has specialized sections for anime, sports, music, documentaries, live TV, and more.
This all-in-one add-on offers a lot of customization options and features like Trakt support, Next Up dialog, and subtitles. Asgard supports premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, and Furk. It also features a couple of categories with free sources.
NOTICE: Windows Defender may identify some files on Asgard as virus, you might need to allow those files on your antivirus or the add-on won’t work on Windows. For more add-ons, please check our list of The Best Kodi Add-ons.
In this guide, we’re going to install Asgard on Kodi from its official source. Let’s begin!
1. How to install Asgard on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1. Install Narcacist’s repository
We’re going to add a link to Asgard’s official source on Narcacist’s repo. This allows us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter http://www.narcacist.com/repo on the top box and narcacist on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now, let’s use the link to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Press Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select narcacist.
8. Click on repository.NarcacistWizard.zip to install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is being downloaded. You’ll see a notification when the installation process finishes.
1.2. Install Asgard Kodi add-on
Now that we’ve installed the repository, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Now Press Install from repository.
10. Click Narcacist’s Wizard Repository.
11. Click Video add-ons.
12. Now Select Asgard.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to finish.
15. Go back to the Home Screen and select the Add-ons tab, you should see a shortcut to Asgard. Press it to open the add-on.
We installed Asgard on Kodi but we still need to set a premium account to get sources. You can use your Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, or Furk account.
2. Using Real Debrid with Asgard
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
1. Open the add-on, scroll down and select Asgard Settings.
2. On the Asgard Debrid tab, make sure Asgard Choose debrid service is set to Real-Debrid and press Asgard Re-auth Real-Debrid.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
5. Set the name for the connection, write Asgard and press Set that name.
All done! You’re now ready to use Asgard. Navigate the main menu to select a movie or TV show.
Once you made your choice Asgard will show you a list of available sources, pick one to start playing.
6. You’ll see a selectable list of available sources before playing a movie or episode.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect to the p2p network directly, instead, Real Debrid will fetch the files on their servers and it’ll let you get them as a normal download encrypted by HTTPS.
Asgard supports automatic subtitles but if you need more control over the subtitles selection process please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Using Trakt with Asgard
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
Asgard can integrate with your Trakt account giving you access to your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
To use Trakt with Asgard, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open the add-on, scroll down and select Asgard Trakt.
2. Press any item on the menu except the first one. We’ll select Asgard Progress.
3. You’ll be prompted to authenticate with Trakt, press Yes to continue.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Using a web browser visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
6. Press Yes to link Asgard to your Trakt account.
You can now use your Trakt account with Asgard. Go to Asgard Trakt on the add-on’s main menu to access your collections, lists, recommendations, and other Trakt features.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for June 2023.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Fen: This add-on is very fast and offers many features. (Premium sources)|
|Umbrella: Great add-on based on Venom. (Premium sources)|
|Seren: Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions. (Premium sources)|
|Elementum: An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Free sources)|
|Scrubs v2: Great add-on specialized in free sources. (Free sources)|
|The Crew: Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more. (Free and premium sources)|
8 thoughts on “The complete guide to Asgard on Kodi ”
Why do I have to get a new code for real debrid in Asgard every time I go on it ?
Asgard search is horrendous. Even after you find the specific show you are looking for, when you click on it, it will include other, similarly-named shows in the results, making it very easy to accidentally pick the wrong show to watch. Asgard search history is useless. If you pick an entry to search again, it brings you to a search box to type again what you want to search for.
When I try to add alldebrid to Asgard the website and pin have a b’ infront of them so
enter code b'(4 character pin)
Then if I enter pin it says authorized but won’t work. I find this with kodiverse and a couple other addons also. Am I not understanding something?
Fen, umbrella, seren all worked fine without the b’ appearing just entered pin and all good.
I want to know how to use/navigate the asgard menu. What do the choices mean/do?
I’m constantly getting playback failed. It says one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message. I’ve also re-authorized real -debrid. And this doesn’t matter which movie I’m selecting .
With Crew u can download tv shows and movies. With Asgard I c no settings to allow for downloads.
Want to know how to DOWNLOAD files to PC. Don’t see the DOWNLOAD option under settings.
Hi! Sadly, Asgard doesn’t have file downloads. Please try using Seren or The Crew, both add-ons are very popular and can download files.