Asgard is a popular Kodi addon that allows you to stream a great variety of content using premium sources. In addition to movies and TV shows, Asgard also has specialized sections for anime, sports, music, documentaries, live TV, and more.
This all-in-one add-on offers a lot of customization options and features like Trakt support, Next Up dialog, and subtitles. Asgard supports premium services like Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, and Furk. It also features a couple of categories with free sources.
In this guide, we’re going to install Asgard on Kodi from its official source. Let’s begin!
1. How to install Asgard on Kodi
If this is your first time installing add-ons on Kodi, you will need to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
1.1. Install Narcacist repository
We’re going to add a link to Asgard’s official source on the Narcacist repo. This will allow us to download the repository zip file directly on Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter http://www.narcacist.com/repo on the top box and narcacist on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Now, let’s use the link to install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Press Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select narcacist.
8. Click on repository.NarcacistWizard.zip to install the repository.
Wait a couple of seconds while the repository is being downloaded. You’ll see a notification when the installation process finishes.
1.2. Install Asgard add-on
Now that we’ve installed the repository, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Now Press Install from repository.
10. Click Narcacist’s Wizard Repository.
11. Click Video add-ons.
12. Now Select Asgard.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to finish.
15. Go back to the Home Screen and select the Add-ons tab, you should see a shortcut to Asgard. Press it to open the add-on.
We installed Asgard on Kodi but we still need to set a premium account to get sources. You can use your Real Debrid, Premiumize, All Debrid, EasyNews, or Furk account.
2. Using Real Debrid with Asgard
File hosting sites often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and cached torrents, it can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example, we’ll use Real Debrid. A popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
Before starting, we recommend logging into your Real Debrid account using a web browser.
1. Open the add-on, scroll down and select Asgard Settings.
2. On the Asgard Debrid tab, make sure Asgard Choose debrid service is set to Real-Debrid and press Asgard Re-auth Real-Debrid.
3. Copy the authorization code.
4. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device/ and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in with your Real Debrid account).
5. Set the name for the connection, write Asgard and press Set that name.
All done! You’re now ready to use Asgard. Navigate the main menu to select a movie or TV show.
Once you made your choice Asgard will show you a list of available sources, pick one to start playing.
6. You’ll see a selectable list of available sources before playing a movie or episode.
When using cached torrents, your device won’t connect to the p2p network directly, instead, Real Debrid will fetch the files on their servers and it’ll let you get them as a normal download encrypted by HTTPS.
Asgard supports automatic subtitles but if you need more control over the subtitles selection process please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
3. Using Trakt with Asgard
Trakt.tv is a free service that helps you organize and keep track of your favorite movies and shows. Using a Trakt account is optional but it is very helpful if you want to sync your watched status across devices.
Asgard can integrate with your Trakt account giving you access to your Collection, lists, and bookmarks.
To use Trakt with Asgard, visit the Trakt.tv website, log in with your account, and follow these steps.
1. Open the add-on, scroll down and select Asgard Trakt.
2. Press any item on the menu except the first one. We’ll select Asgard Progress.
3. You’ll be prompted to authenticate with Trakt, press Yes to continue.
4. Copy the authorization code.
5. Using a web browser visit https://trakt.tv/activate and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged into your Trakt account)
6. Press Yes to link Asgard to your Trakt account.
You can now use your Trakt account with Asgard. Go to Asgard Trakt on the add-on’s main menu to access your collections, lists, recommendations, and other Trakt features.
Looking for more add-ons? These are some of our favorite Kodi add-ons for August 2022.
Please visit our list of the best Kodi add-ons for more information.
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative functions.|
|Ezra: Premium sources. Based on Fen, this add-on has all the great features of its predecessor.|
|Umbrella: Premium sources. Great add-on based on Venom.|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fen is back! This add-on is very fast and offers many features.|
|The Promise: Free and Premium sources. Based on The Oath, has all the features from its predecessor.|
|The Crew: Free and premium sources. Great all-in-one add-on with many extra features for kids, sports, live TV, and more.|
|Scrubs v2: Free sources. Great add-on specialized in free sources.|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An exceptional add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents.|