FEN allows you to stream movies and TV shows on Kodi, it specializes in Furk and Easynews but also offers external providers to give you access to regular and premium sources. It provides a very fast interface and lots of great features like Trakt.tv support, library integration, and premium accounts. Even if you don’t have a Furk or Easynews account FEN is pretty good with free and Read Debrid sources, you should definitely give it a try.
In this tutorial we’re going to install FEN on Kodi18.x, let’s begin.
Table of contents
Allowing 3rd party add-ons on Kodi
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi you’ll have to allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select System.
3. Make sure the Add-ons tab is selected and enable Unknown sources and Show notifications.
Enabling Unknown sources will allow the installation of 3rd party add-ons that are not available in the official Kodi repository. Additionally, we recommend enabling Show notifications since most addons use them to display important information.
Adding Fen Source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official FEN source on tikipeter’s GitHub page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly from Kodi.
4. Go back to the Settings menu and select File Manager.
5. Press Add Source.
6. Enter https://tikipeter.github.io/ in the top box and fen on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Tikipeter’s Repository
Tikipeter’s repository is the official repo for FEN. Let’s use the source we just added to download and install the repository.
7. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
8. Click on Install from zip file.
9. Select fen.
10. Click on repository.tikipeter-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Install Fen add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
11. Select Install from Repository.
12. Press Tikipeter’s Repository.
13. Select Video add-ons.
14. Select Fen.
15. Press the Install button.
16. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to be finished.
17. Go back to the Home Screen and select the Add-ons tab. Click on Fen to open de add-on.
18. All done! Use the menu to select movies or TV shows.
[Optional] Using Real Debrid with Fen
File hosters often limit file availability and bandwidth for free users. Using premium accounts gives you unrestricted access to several file hosters and can greatly improve the quality and quantity of available sources.
In this example we’ll use Real Rebrid, a popular service to get unrestricted access to various file hosters and cached torrents for a very low price.
I. Select Tools on Fen’s main menu.
II. Press Debrid: (Re)Authorize Debrid Services.
III. Select Real-Debrid: (Re)Authorize Real-Debrid.
IV. Copy the authorization code.
V. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
VI. Write FEN and press Set that name.
VII. Go back to Kodi, you’ll see an Authorization Successful message. Press OK to continue.
Once you’ve authorized Fen with Real Debrid you’ll have access to premium links and cached torrents.
VIII. Use Fen to select a movie or show, premium links will be shown in blue, cached torrents in purple and free sources in white.
Fen uses cached-torrents, this means that your device won’t connect directly to the p2p network, instead, it’ll use Real Debrid’s servers to fetch the files so you can stream them as a normal download.