FEN is a Kodi add-on that allows you to stream movies and TV shows from premium sources, it specializes in services like EasyNews and Furk but it also works with Debrid sources.
This add-on provides a great user experience with a fast interface and features like its own customizable favorites list, trakt.tv support, discover section to create lists using filters, a context menu with many useful options, and more.
Easynews, Furk, and Debrid are very different services and they offer access to files in different ways. Check out the FAQ at the end of the article for more information.
FEN is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia.
In this guide, we’re going to install FEN on Kodi, we’ll also set up Real Debrid with FenomScrapers, let’s begin.
Table of contents
If this is the first time you install add-ons on Kodi, you’ll have to allow the installation of unofficial add-ons. Please read How to allow 3rd-party add-ons on Kodi and come back here when you’re ready.
Adding Fen Source to Kodi
Let’s add a link to the official source for FEN on tikipeter’s GitHub page, this will allow us to download the repository zip file directly from Kodi.
1. Press the cog icon near the top left corner of the screen to open the Settings menu.
2. Select File Manager.
3. Press Add Source.
4. Enter https://tikipeter.github.io/ in the top box and fen on the bottom one. Press OK to add the source.
Installing Tikipeter’s Repository
Tikipeter’s repository is the official repo for FEN. The repository is responsible for installing FEN and updating it as new versions become available. Let’s use the newly added source to download and install the repository.
5. Go back to the Settings menu and this time select Add-ons.
6. Click on Install from zip file.
On Kodi 19, you’ll see a message about the auto-update feature. Press Yes to proceed.
7. Select fen.
8. Click on repository.tikipeter-x.x.x.zip to download and install the repository.
Install Fen add-on on Kodi
Now that the repository is installed, let’s use it to download and install the add-on and its dependencies.
9. Select Install from Repository.
10. Press Tikipeter’s Repository.
11. Select Video add-ons.
12. Select Fen.
13. Press the Install button.
14. You’ll see a list of dependencies to be installed with the add-on. Press OK to continue and wait for the process to be finished.
15. Go back to the Home Screen and select the Add-ons tab. You should see a shortcut to Fen, FenomScrapers, and My Accounts.
We installed Fen on Kodi but we still need to set a premium account to work properly. Fen can work natively with Easynews and Furk accounts and it uses an external module called FenomScrapers to work with Debrid accounts.
Using Real Debrid with Fen
File hosters often restrict the availability and bandwidth for free users. Debrid services like Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize offer unrestricted access to file hosters and cached torrents.
When using cached torrents your device will not connect directly to the p2p network. Instead, Real Debrid will fetch the file for you and allow you to get it as an encrypted download.
In this example we’ll use Real Rebrid, a popular service to get access to cached torrents and various file hosters for a very low price.
16. Select My Accounts.
17. Select the Debrid Accounts tab and press Authorize under Real Debrid.
18. Copy the authorization code.
19. Use a web browser to visit https://real-debrid.com/device and enter the authorization code. (You must be logged in to your Real Debrid account).
20. Write FEN and press Set that name.
21. If everything went correctly, you should see your username under Real Debrid. Press OK to continue.
Once you’ve authorized Fen with Real Debrid you’ll have access to premium links and cached torrents through FenomScraper.
You’re now ready to use Fen, navigate the menu to select a movie or TV Show.
22. Once you’ve selected a movie or show, Fen will display the available sources.
If you want to use subtitles with Fen please read How to enable subtitles on Kodi.
Fen Kodi add-on features
- Fast and organized interface
- Kodi 19 Matrix and Kodi 18 Leia compatible
- Easynews support
- Furk support
- Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize support via FenomScrapers
- Trakt integration
- Local favorites list to save your favorite shows and movies
- Customizable menu
- Discover feature to create custom lists using filters
- Context menu with many useful features
- Main Menu structure
- TV Shows
- Popular People
- My Lists
Fen Kodi addon FAQ
Yes, Fen only works with premium accounts.
Usenet is a distributed network of newsgroups where users can post messages and files. These newsgroups are stored and mirrored across many servers around the world. Usenet provides very fast download speed over a decentralized SSL encrypted network.
Easynews is a Usenet provider, it offers different plans to access Usenet and a zero-log VPN to protect your privacy.
Furk is a personal secure storage that fetches media files and lets you stream them immediately. It offers many plans to access its cloud servers. You can use it to stream videos or listen to your music from your devices.
File hoster websites often restrict the availability and bandwidth for free users. Debrid services like Real Debrid, All Debrid, and Premiumize offer unrestricted access to file hosters and cached torrents.
Yes. Debrid providers use their servers to fetch the torrent so your IP address is never exposed to the P2P network. All data between your device and the Debrid provider is encrypted by HTTPS.
Looking for more add-ons? These are our favorite Kodi add-ons for April 2021.
|The Oath: Free and premium sources. Great add-on based on Exodus. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Seren: Premium sources. Excellent add-on with great user interface and many innovative features. Requires Debrid Account. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Venom: Premium sources. Popular add-on with great features. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Fen: Premium sources. Fast add-on specialized in Easynews and Furk, it also works with Debrid accounts. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|Elementum: P2P sources. An excellent add-on that offers high-quality streams using torrents. (Kodi 19 compatible)|
|TheMovieDb Helper: Pick the content first and select the add-on later. A single interface for all your add-ons and more. (Kodi 19 compatible)|